How to manage your projects dashboard and use Spaces to personalize and optimize your workflow.
The projects dashboard shows all projects from one account that you have access to. It shows each project's translation status progress, reflected by coloring and a percentage value.
- Your Project Dashboard
- Working with Spaces
1. Your Project Dashboard
The header of your projects dashboard contains a search bar, where you can search for a project within your account. With the Create New Project button you can add new projects to your account.
With the view options you can choose how your projects are displayed on your Dashboard. For this, you can choose between View as cards and View as list.
From the dashboard, you can immediately access a Project's Dashboard or Locales tab or display display the Project ID (for API or Phrase CLI client requests). You can also add projects to your list of favorites (see below), create a duplicate of it or access the Project Settings and Delete a Project.
Favorites & sorting
You can also sort all projects after your preferences. In the More section of each Project in your Dashboard, you can mark a Project as favorite. Your favorite projects are listed on top of your Dashboard. This allows you to access frequently used projects quicker. You will only see your individual favorite projects on your Dashboard. You can add as many projects as you like to your favorites and always remove them again.
For sorting your remaining projects you have 2 options:
- Sort by last update
- Sort by name
projects are sorted by last update per default. You can change this in the drop-down which is in the Header section of your Dashboard.
2. Working with Spaces
a) Organizing projects in Spaces
Spaces is a feature that allows you to better organise your projects. Think of it like a folder where you can add and group multiple projects.
This is especially beneficial for accounts with plenty of projects. Now all projects of a certain kind can be logically grouped together. For example you can group all your mobile related projects (iOS and Android) in one Space.
By doing so you can get quick access to a group of projects and create a meaningful structure at the same time.
Create a Space:
- In order to create a new Spaces simply go to the projects overview
- Click on Create New Space
- Type in a name for the new Space and click on Create New Space
- The new Space will be created instantly, appearing on the left side Spaces menu.
Add a project to a Space
- Once you have created a Space you can start adding projects with drag & drop.
- Alternatively, you can search and select the projects you want to add by clicking on Add to Space
- Click Done if you have added all required projects
Remove a project from a Space
- You can drag & drop your project into a different Space.
- Alternatively, you can remove a project from a Space by selecting the context menu of that specific project and click on Remove from Space
Rename or delete a Space
- The context menu More provides you with the ability to rename or delete your project Space
b. Assign users automatically
Instead of assigning users to individual projects, you can assign them to an entire Space. That way, users will be automatically assigned to all projects that belong to that Space. Whenever a new project is added to this Space, all users in the Space will have access to it.
More about user management
c. Assign Glossaries automatically
Instead of assigning a Glossary to individual projects, you can assign it to an entire Space. That way, the Glossary will be assigned to all projects that belong to that Space. Whenever a new project is added to this Space, the Glossary will be assigned to it automatically.
d. Spaces API
Find out more here on how you can interact with Spaces via the API.