Screenshots are an effective way to improve the quality of your translation workflows by providing translators with additional context.
Add screenshots to your projects
- Enter the project of your choice.
- Go to More > Screenshots.
- Click Add Screenshots to browse files on your desktop. You can also upload screenshots by moving them onto the Drag and Drop area.
- You can select up to 10 files per upload with a size limit of up to 10MB per file.
Adding context and attaching keys to your screenshots
Uploading screenshots to your projects is just the first step. Follow these instructions to add name, description and attach an unlimited amount of keys to your screenshots.
- Click Edit Screenshot in the screenshot list. You will be redirected to a screenshot edit page where you can edit the name, add a description, and attach keys.
- To highlight the occurrence of a key just click the Attach Key button.
- You will see a rectangular box that you can resize and move to highlight the exact location.
- You can either search and select an existing key from the dropdown, or create a new key.
- To create a new key, click the + button next to the dropdown.
- A new window will pop up, where you can create your new key.
- Click Save to save your new key.
- Click Update Screenshot to confirm.
Working with screenshots in the translation editor
- Screenshots with keys attached are now being displayed in the key details in the translation editor.
- Keys can have multiple screenshots attached.
- To see the highlighted area on the screenshot just click the thumbnail to see a preview.
- If you want to make changes to the key attachments click Edit Screenshot in the preview modal.
- To get back to the translation editor click the Back button in the top left.
- Within the translation editor you can upload screenshots for particular keys by clicking the + button.
- You can always move to the screenshot section by clicking All Screenshots.
For a demo and more information on the Screenshots feature, you can also watch our Webinar on New Features March 2019.
After entering your contact information you will be able to access the webinar.
Can I use screenshots within my subscription plan?
Screenshots are currently in beta testing and will be available as part of all plans except Lite. If you are on a Lite plan but want to test the screenshot feature please contact our support team.
Who is allowed to upload and manage screenshots?
Everyone that has the role Manager assigned is allowed to upload screenshots in all projects. Additionally, everyone that is is a project member and has the role Developer assigned is allowed to upload and manage screenshots in that particular project.
Can I download screenshots?
In the screenshot overview, you can download single screenshots or also batch-select screenshots that you would like to download. If you download more than one screenshot a Zip file is created.