Updating Phrase On-Premise
Phrase On-Premise updates are available as encrypted Docker images via download.
1. Backup your Phrase MySQL database
If you aren’t regularly backing up your database, make sure you create a backup of the MySQL database before you install an update. Our updates are designed to be seamless and should not harm stored data.
2. Sign in to your Docker host
3. Follow the installation steps to decrypt the Docker image and import it into the Docker host
This is the same process as in the installation, just use the $RELEASE_URL of the update and use a new tag when importing the Docker image into Docker.
4. Stop any running Phrase enterprise container
$ docker stop $CONTAINER_ID
You can easily figure out the currently running container’s $CONTAINER_ID using the docker ps-command. Look for the container locally binding on the Phrase port 8080.
5. Use the same command as in the installation, but with the $IMAGE_ID of the just imported update.
6. After a couple of minutes, go to your web browser and check the Phrase status page for the currently running Revision. It should be the one from the update.
Point your browser to the address $BASE_URL/_status or on OS X with Chrome:
$ open -a "/Applications/Google Chrome.app" $BASE_URL/_status
Phrase On-Premise will execute all necessary data migrations automatically. This might take a couple of minutes depending on the amount of data stored within Phrase On-Premise. After the update the Phrase On-Premise interface will be available through port 8080 of the newly launched Docker container.